In 2020, AACT got some money from FCSS Calgary to help connect more self-advocates to the Internet. we provided new tablets (Amazon Fire 8 and Samsung Galaxy A8) and person-to-person training for how to use them. We also put on 6 Self-Advocacy Summit sessions in November and December 2020.
As part of the project, we made "Cheat Sheets" and "how-to" videos on many topics. We also made a "Training Manual" to help peer trainers learn how to teach, what self-advocacy is about, and how to do different things on a tablet.
We think some of these resources may be helpful for you or your group as you learn more about self-advocacy using the Internet.
- Creating a Gmail account
- Using Facebook Messenger
- Creating a Twitter account on the Amazon Fire 8 Tablet
- How to turn on and use your Amazon Fire 8 Tablet
- How to connect to Wi-Fi with your Amazon Fire 8 Tablet
- What is the Internet?
- Internet safety
- Email - how to create an account, send and get emails, and attachments
- Social media and emojis
- Eventbrite - how to register for events
- Using Zoom
- Zoom tips for meetings
- Alberta self-advocacy groups